Serving Clients Across New Jersey in Employment Cases
The employee rights lawyers at Zatuchni & Associates protect the rights of people harmed by unlawful employment practices. This includes employees who have suffered discrimination, harassment, retaliation, unfair treatment in wages or hours, or wrongful discharge from their jobs. Our goal is to help you find financial recovery and justice through the legal system. To speak to an experienced employment law attorney, contact our office to schedule an appointment. We serve clients throughout New Jersey.
Challenging Wrongful Workplace Actions in New Jersey
David Zatuchni is an experienced employee rights advocate. Our law firm was founded with a focus on protecting and asserting the rights of people who have suffered discrimination, harassment or other workplace mistreatment is the exclusive focus of our practice. We have the skills, knowledge, and real-world experience to represent you in the full range of employment law matters. This includes improper action based on:
- Race Discrimination: We represent employees who were mistreated based on their racial background, ethnicity, or national origin. If you were a victim of racial discrimination or racial harassment, we can help.
- Sex & Gender Discrimination: Sex/gender discrimination remains far too common in workplaces in New Jersey. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (LAD protect employees against sex & gender discrimination.
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination: Our New Jersey employment lawyer has the skills and experience to represent LGBTQ workers who were harassed or discriminated against in the workplace.
- Age Discrimination: State and federal employment regulations protect workers who are 40 years old and older. If you or your loved one endured age-related discrimination or harassment on the job, we are here to help.
- Pregnancy Discrimination: Our New Jersey employment rights advocate represents clients in pregnancy discrimination claims. You should never be treated less favorably than your co-workers based on your pregnancy status.
- Americans with Disabilities Act Cases: Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), many employers in New Jersey have a duty to provide reasonable accommodations to disabled employees. If you are seeking a reasonable accommodation or you were subject to unlawful disability discrimination, we are here to help.
- Wrongful Termination Claims: New Jersey employment lawyer David Zatuchni represents workers who were wrongfully terminated by their employer. If you believe that you were fired, laid off, or otherwise discharged in violation of federal or state law, we can help.
- Wage and Hour Disputes: Our law firm handles the full spectrum of wage and hour disputes, including representing individual workers and handling class actions claims.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA): The federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) permits certain workers the right to take job-protected leave to deal with an emergency health/family situation. If you believe that your rights were violated under the FMLA, we can help.
- Employment Protections for Military Service: Military members help to protect our freedom. There are employment protections in place to protect military service members against discriminatory practices. Call us now for more information.
- Whistleblower Rights: Our New Jersey employee rights advocate has experience representing workers in whistleblower rights claims, including in Qui tam cases. If you are preparing to make a protected disclosure or you were mistreated by your employer because you “blew the whistle” on misconduct, our law firm is ready to help.
- Workplace Retaliation: The EEOC notes that retaliation is the most commonly cited basis in employment law cases. The law is clear: Workers must be able to exercise the right workplace rights without facing any punishment. Employers that terminate or otherwise take adverse action against employees may be held liable through a retaliation claim.
Asserting the Protections of Both State and Federal Law
In New Jersey, a lawsuit for discrimination, harassment, or retaliation can be brought in Superior Court under the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination.
Before a lawsuit can be filed based on federal anti-discrimination laws for any of the above types of discrimination, you must file a charge of discrimination with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). If you consult a private attorney at this time, we can help you pull together the facts so you have a strong case for EEOC investigators.
The EEOC will investigate your case and take one of two actions: 1) Either they will accept the case on your behalf and take it to court at no cost to you, or 2) they will issue a “right to sue” letter. If the EEOC does not take your case, that does not mean you don’t have a good case. You can then seek a private attorney, such as Zatuchni & Associates, to take your case to federal court.
If you are bringing a discrimination lawsuit based on state or city anti-discrimination laws, you can also ask the New Jersey Division of Civil Rights to investigate and intercede. Before you decide to file your complaint at the state or federal level, however, talk to a New Jersey anti-discrimination attorney. Get a clear understanding of what you want to achieve with your complaint and who can get you the outcome you want.
Contact Our New Jersey Employment Law Attorney Today
At Zatuchni & Associates, our New Jersey employment lawyer has the professional skills and legal expertise that you can rely on. If you have any questions about your rights or your options, we can help. Contact our law firm to speak to an experienced employee rights attorney in New Jersey. With law offices in Morristown and Lambertville, we represent employees throughout the region, including the following areas: