We Fight for the Rights of Sexual Harassment Victims in Lambertville and Throughout Central Jersey
At Zatuchni & Associates, our sexual harassment attorney in New Jersey has the professional experience and legal knowledge that you can count on. No employee should be forced to live through sex-based harassment while at work. If you or your loved one suffered sexual harassment in the workplace, we are here to help you fight for justice and financial compensation. To schedule a no-cost, no-obligation consultation with a New Jersey sexual harassment attorney, please contact our Lambertville law office today.
An Overview of Federal and State Sexual Harassment Laws
Sexual harassment laws protect employees against quid pro quo sexual harassment and hostile work environment sexual harassment. There are both state and federal sexual harassment laws on the books. If you are an employee in Central New Jersey, you may have a sexual harassment claim.
- Federal Law: Title VII of the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964 covers companies and organizations in New Jersey with 15 or more full-time or part-time employees. The law bars sexual harassment as it is a form of sex-based discrimination.
- State Law: New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (LAD) covers all employers of any size—meaning the law protects workers at companies with 1 to 14 employees. The LAD also prohibits sexual harassment in the workplace.
What Are Some Examples of Sexual Harassment in the Workplace?
Sexual harassment in the workplace comes in many different forms. If you were made to feel unsafe, uncomfortable, and unwelcome, then your rights may have been violated under state and/or federal law. Some potential examples of workplace sexual harassment include:
- Offensive and inappropriate sexual jokes;
- Persistent requests for a date or sexual advances;
- Pressure for sexual favors, especially by a manager; and
- Unwelcome physical touching, including sexual assault.
It is an employer’s responsibility to prevent and address sexual harassment. As sexual harassment can be committed by a business owner, supervisor, co-worker, or customer/client, all employers in Central New Jersey should have the proper procedures in place to protect workers from sexual harassment.
Know Your Right to Complain About Sexual Harassment in New Jersey
You have the right to report sexual harassment—either to your employer or to state/federal regulators. Employees must be able to utilize their workplace rights without fear of retribution. An employer in Central Jersey cannot retaliate against you for reporting sexual harassment or filing a formal sexual harassment complaint. If you were suspended, fired, or otherwise punished for complaining about sexual harassment, contact our New Jersey retaliation attorney for help.
Call Our Lambertville, NJ Sexual Harassment Attorney Today
At Zatuchni & Associates, our New Jersey employment attorney is a skilled, compassionate advocate for the victims of job-related sexual harassment. If you have questions about sexual harassment and your workplace rights, we can help. Give us a call now or send us a direct message to arrange your free case review. Our law firm represents employees in Lambertville and throughout Central Jersey.