We Handle Wage and Hour Claims in Hackensack and Throughout Bergen County
At Zatuchni & Associates, our Hackensack wage and hour dispute attorney is a relentless and experienced advocate for workers. You deserve full and fair wages—employers must be held accountable for violating employee rights. If you believe that your wage and hour rights were violated in Bergen County, we can help. To arrange a no-cost, no-obligation initial consultation with a New Jersey wage and hour lawyer, please contact us today.
New Jersey Workers are Protected Under Federal and State Wage and Hour Laws
Wage and hour laws exist to help ensure that employees are paid the full and proper amount for their hard work. In Hackensack, many employees are protected under both federal and state wage and hour laws. To start, the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) protects the rights of workers to receive a fair wage. Additionally, there are state-level wage and hour regulations set forth by the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development. If you have questions about your rights under federal or state law, our Hackensack wage and hour lawyers can help.
We Handle All Types of Wage and Hour Disputes in Hackensack
We provide employment law representation exclusively to employees. Our firm protects the rights of workers, not large employers or insurance companies. No matter the nature of your wage and hour case, we are ready to help. Wage and hour disputes we handle in Hackensack, NJ include:
- Minimum Wage Violation: All workers are entitled to a minimum wage. The New Jersey state-level minimum wage is higher than the federal minimum wage. As of January 1st, 2022, the minimum wage for workers in Bergen County, NJ is $13.00 per hour. If your wages were unpaid, delayed, or your rights were otherwise violated, contact our Hackensack minimum wage violation lawyer for guidance and support.
- Tipped Wage Violations: Tipped workers are uniquely vulnerable to wage and hour violations. At Zatuchni & Associates, we represent restaurant employees and other tipped workers who have been improperly underpaid in violation of federal law or state law. Call our Hackensack wage and hour attorney for a free, fully private assessment of your claim.
- Unpaid Overtime: The FLSA guarantees non-exempt workers overtime pay (1.5x their ordinary wage) when they work more than 40 hours during a given pay period. Overtime violations remain far too common in Bergen County and throughout all of New Jersey. If your rights were violated under the FLSA, call our Hackensack unpaid overtime lawyer for a free, fully confidential review of your case.
- Retaliation Claims: Employees in Hackensack have the right to report wage and hour violations without the fear of facing retaliation from their employer. If you were fired or otherwise punished for complaining about a minimum wage violation, overtime violation, or any other related matter, our Hackensack employment attorney can help.
Some wage and hour disputes are brought by individual employees. Other wage and hours disputes are class action claims, where a group of workers collectively take action. Our Hackensack wage and hour lawyer handles both individual disputes and class actions claims.
How the Hackensack, NJ Wage and Hour Attorney at Zatuchni & Associates Can Help
Wage and hour disputes are notoriously complex. Our founding attorney David Zatuchni is devoted to protecting the rights and interests of workers. We always take a pragmatic and proactive legal approach. Among other things, our Hackensack, NJ wage and hour lawyer is prepared to:
- Answer your questions and explain your wage and hour rights;
- Investigate the wage and hour violation—getting the evidence you need;
- Represent you in settlement negotiations with your employer; and
- Take action to maximize your financial compensation.
With a commitment to personalized employment law representation, we will put time and resources into your wage and hour claim. With a proven record of successful results in employee rights matters, you can rely on our Hackensack wage and hour attorney.
Contact Our Hackensack Wage and Hour Lawyer for a Free Case Evaluation
At Zatuchni & Associates, our Hackensack employment law attorney has extensive experience handling wage and hour disputes. If you believe your rights were violated due to a minimum wage violation, overtime violation, or any other matter, we are here to help you get compensation. Call us now or send us a direct message online for a free case evaluation. We advocate for the rights of workers in Hackensack, Bergen County, and throughout all of North New Jersey.