Our Morristown, NJ Employment Discrimination Attorney Will Protect Your Rights
At Zatuchni & Associates, our Morristown race discrimination lawyers provide personalized and solutions-driven legal representation to workers throughout all of Morris County. No person should be mistreated because of their racial background or ethnic background. We have a record of success across a wide range of employment law matters. If you or your loved one endured illegal discrimination or harassment while on the job, our legal team is here to protect your rights. For your fully confidential, no-commitment employment law consultation, please give us a call today.
Know the State and Federal Laws that Protect Your RIghts in Morristown, New Jersey
Workers are the backbone of our economy. As an employee, you deserve fair and equitable treatment in the workplace. You should be properly compensated for your time and given the same opportunities as similarly situated coworkers. Racial discrimination is not acceptable. There are federal and state regulations in place that protect employees against race-based mistreatment:
- Federal Law: The primary federal anti-workplace discrimination law is Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The statute clearly prohibits race-based discrimination, including national origin discrimination. It covers employers with 15 or more workers.
- State Law: The New Jersey Law Against Discrimination is a state-level counterpart to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. One important difference between the two laws is that New Jersey’s anti-discrimination statute applies to all employers—regardless of size.
Racial Discrimination Takes Many Forms
One of the many things that make racial discrimination claims complicated is that mistreatment can take a wide variety of different forms. These cases are always highly fact-driven. In general, a race discrimination claim should be tied to an adverse employment action. In other words, an employee is subject to some form of unfavorable treatment on the job. Some of the most common examples of adverse employment actions include:
- Refusal to hire;
- Denial of promotion;
- Lower pay or reduced benefits;
- Less favorable job assignments;
- Unjust or disproportionate disciplinary action; and
- Wrongful termination (firing, lay off, etc).
Of course, it is certainly not enough to prove that you were subject to an unfavorable employment action. Businesses and organizations have the authority to make their own personal decisions, even if those decisions are sometimes ill-advised or unfair. That being said, race cannot be a factor. If you were subject to an adverse employment action because of your racial or ethnic background, your rights were violated. Contact a Morristown employment attorney for immediate assistance.
Employment Protections Against Race-Based Harassment
Your legal protections under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination also cover racial harassment. You should not be forced to endure harassment in the workplace. It can destroy your mental health, emotional well-being, and your long-term career prospects. Harassment is defined as unwanted and unwelcome conduct that is so severe or so pervasive that it interferes with a reasonable employee’s ability to do their job. Harassment becomes illegal when based on a protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, or national origin. If you have any questions about your rights, our Morristown, NJ racial harassment lawyer can help.
How New Jersey Employment Discrimination Lawyer David Zatuchni Can Help
Employment discrimination claims are notoriously complex. Our founding attorney David Zatuchni is prepared to walk you through every step of the process—ensuring that your rights are protected. Among other things, our Morristown racial discrimination lawyer will:
- Conduct a free, comprehensive review and evaluation of your case;
- Gather all of the documents, records, and evidence needed to prove discrimination;
- Advocate for your best interests in settlement talks with your employer or its insurer; and
- Devise a legal strategy focused on getting you accountability and financial support.
All employees deserve the same high-level legal representation that New Jersey’s largest law firms provide to Fortune 500 companies. With a proven history of results in employment law cases, you can trust our Morristown, NJ race discrimination lawyer for guidance and support.
Schedule a Confidential Consultation With a Morristown, NJ Race Discrimination Lawyer
At Zatuchni & Associates, our New Jersey workplace discrimination attorney works tirelessly to protect the rights of clients. If you have any questions or concerns about your legal rights, we are more than ready to help you determine the best course of action. Contact us today for your free case review. We represent workers throughout Morris County, including in Morristown, Parsippany-Troy Hills Township, Randolph, Montville, Dover, Madison, and Rockaway Township.